Tacos, burritos, quesadillas and enchiladas are only the tip of the recipe iceberg. Our salsas, guacamole and tortillas have become the creative base for a growing number of delicious, and yes, healthy dishes. Keep checking in as we will be adding recipes from traditional to the most recent discoveries on a regular basis. Submit your… [read more]
Working on your bracket in preparation for March Madness? We are too, starting with the menu! The college basketball playoffs are just around the corner and when the games start, you’ll need plenty of energy to cheer on your team to victory. That’s why we put together some recipes to make sure you’re the number one seed in gametime goodness.
Slam Dunk Punch
This cocktail deserves a championship ring in both power and deliciousness!
- 2 cup tequila
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet
- 2 liter ginger ale
- 6 ounce frozen orange juice concentrate
- orange slices
How to make Slam Dunk Punch:
- In a large punch bowl, let sherbet and frozen orange juice concentrate thaw for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix in ginger ale, orange liqueur and of course, tequila. Throw in some orange slices for pizazz.
We aren’t the only ones loving this punch! You can find it here on The Chew.
Top Bracket Bean Dip
Need a way to spice up your usual black bean dip? Try adding a little chunky texture to it!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 container Casa Sanchez Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa
How to make Top Bracket Bean Dip
- Melt bacon grease in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add black beans and water, salt and pepper, then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Top with Casa Sanchez Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa.
Tip Off Tacos
This entree will have your guests cheering for you at the same time they’re cheering on their favorite March Madness basketball teams.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 cup beef stock
How to make Tip Off Tacos:
- Preheat the oven to 356F. In a large saucepan, simmer onion and peppers and garlic in olive oil over low heat.
- Add the beef and taco seasoning and stir until browned. Pour in the stock, cover, let cook for 45 minutes.
- Place Casa Sanchez Aranda Gorditas Flour Tortillas on a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Fill the tortillas with meat, lettuce, cheese and your favorite Casa Sanchez Salsa or Casa Sanchez Guacamole.
Want a extra lessons from a pro? Check out Jamie Oliver’s Beef Taco recipe to make your game day tacos a winner!
Casa Sanchez SF has been offering salsa and tortilla chips to the San Francisco Bay Area since the mid 1920’s. Learn more and sign up for our Newsletter!