Tacos, burritos, quesadillas and enchiladas are only the tip of the recipe iceberg. Our salsas, guacamole and tortillas have become the creative base for a growing number of delicious, and yes, healthy dishes. Keep checking in as we will be adding recipes from traditional to the most recent discoveries on a regular basis. Submit your… [read more]
Valentine’s Day calls for aphrodisiac foods. Think Shrimp Cerviche & Chocolate!
Set the mood and add some spice to your evening. Here’s a recipe to create some sparks that can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready.
Use festive dishes with bright colors and add some candles in varied colors and sizes around the table to set the mood. Add your favorite drink and don’t forget the chocolate!
- 1 lb pre-cooked shrimp meat
- 1 container of Casa Sanchez Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1/2 of a bunch)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5-6 limes)
- 1 bag Casa Sanchez Thin & Light Tortilla Chips
How to Make Shrimp Ceviche:
1. Rinse and thoroughly drain the cooked shrimp meat. Squeeze out excess juice with your hands.
2. Using a citrus juicer, squeeze the juice from limes after washing them. Use fresh lime juice; concentrate just doesn’t cut it.
3. Combine shrimp and freshly squeezed lime juice and marinate in the fridge at least 20 minutes.
4. Combine marinated shrimp, Pico de Gallo Chunky Salsa & cilantro together. Mix well.
Enjoy your Shrimp Cerviche with tortilla chips and if you want to add a spicy kick, drizzle Hot Sauce on each and every bite!
Casa Sanchez SF has been offering salsa and tortilla chips to the San Francisco Bay Area since the mid 1920’s. Learn more and sign up for our Newsletter!