Tortillas are our bread and butter. No, really. It’s our amazing corn tortillas that allow us to make the world’s best tortilla chips! But before we took to baking our corn tortillas into a crispy wonder, we learned to make a few great recipes first.
You can use either our corn or flour tortillas for these recipes and each one will give you a hearty and nutritious dinner your whole family will love. That’s the great thing about Mexican food, with a few simple ingredients and thirty minutes, you can make a host of yummy meals!
If you prefer your tortillas flat like a pancake, we recommend trying these quesadillas. This recipe was developed by our friends over at Food Babe and it never ceases to please!
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
8 – 8” Aranda wheat tortillas
1 large baked sweet potato
4 ounces goat cheese grated or crumbled
2 cups of fresh arugula
1 thinly sliced red onion
¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. coconut oil
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and cooked red onion until tender and brown
3. Mash the baked sweet potato with spices and fresh cracked pepper
4. Lightly spray a large rack with oil and place down 4 tortillas on rack
5. Spread ¼ cup of sweet potato mixture on each tortilla
6. Continue adding red onions, arugula and 1 ounce of goat cheese on each tortilla
7. Top each filled tortilla with another tortilla and spray lightly with oil
8. Cook for 10-12 minutes – watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn
9. Remove from oven once top is slightly browned and cool for a couple of minutes
10. Use a pizza cutter to cut quesadilla into slices
Prefer your tortillas rolled up and filled with a tasty surprise? You might want to opt for these Crispy Black Bean Burritos brought to you by Two Peas and Their Pod. If you want to get the whole family involved, create a ‘make your own burrito’ station and let everyone create their own culinary masterpiece!
Yield: 10 burritos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1-tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 (15 oz) can Libby’s Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Libby’s Organic Sweet Corn, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1-teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
10 Aranda 8” flour tortillas
Casa Sanchez Guacamole for serving
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Place a few spoonfuls of cilantro lime quinoa in the center of a tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then add the shredded cheese, and bean/corn mixture down the center of the quinoa. Roll burritos, by folding over the ends and rolling up. Continue making the rest of the burritos.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange burritos, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with creamy Casa Sanchez Guacamole.
Note: You don’t want to fill the burritos too full or they will be hard to roll up. You can also use Cilantro Lime Rice, instead of the quinoa.
Have a new and exciting way to use our tortillas? Submit your recipes for a chance to be featured on the blog! Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty updates right into your inbox!